Windows Live Essentials 2011 Beta Refresh Offline Installer Direct Download Link
Windows Live Essentials beta, after first release in June, has finally been updated and is available for download at the official website. It incorporates many feature improvements and bug fixes. One of the features that many have been waiting is the ability to optionally chat with Facebook friends in Windows Live Messenger. The download links at the website, however, only includes online installer. If you want to download the offline installer so you can install Windows Live Essentials 2011 Beta Refresh in as many computers as you like without having to connect to the internet again and again, here are the direct download links for several languages.
Direct download links of Windows Live Essentials 2011 Beta Refresh offline installer
English: Web Installer – Full Offline Installer
French: Web Installer – Full Offline Installer
German: Web Installer – Full Offline Installer
Dutch: Web Installer – Full Offline Installer
Portuguese (Brazilian): Web Installer – Full Offline Installer
Spanish: Web Installer – Full Offline Installer
Japanese: Web Installer – Full Offline Installer
Chinese (Simplified): Web Installer – Full Offline Installer
The web installers have much smaller size compared to the offline, but you’ll have to connect to the internet whenever you need to install Windows Live Essentials 2011 Beta if using the web installer. Download the offline installer instead if you plan to install on multiple computers or if you want to have a backup in case you need to reinstall it someday later.
Need to know more about this latest release? You can read the complete changes at the official blog. Here, I’m just summarizing what I’ve read there.
What’s New in Windows Live Essentials 2011 Beta Refresh
- Optional integration of Facebook chat with Messenger.
- A quicker Messenger.
- Messenger video chat consumes 30% fewer CPU resources.
- Significant improvement on the Photo Gallery facial recognition.
- Upload 480×640 resolution videos to SkyDrive.
- Higher bitrate movies.
- Spell checking improvement.
- Better integration with Office.
- Automatically handles Gmail’s spam and trash folders properly.
- Family Safety web filtering is 35% faster than in the previous version.
- Preview capabilities to the “Find” tab in the ribbon to preview changes before applying a filter.
- New snapshot feature in Movie Maker that enables users to select a single frame from a video as it appears in the preview window and add it to a movie.
- Ability to publish videos directly from Movie Maker or Photo Gallery to Flickr.
Thanks to Liveside blog for the download links!