Having the best antivirus is a must to provide a strong protection for our computer, but finding one might not easy as there are so many available options. Users need a kind of comparison review to find out which antivirus they should use, but unfortunately the search engines are typically full of people trying to sell antivirus programs as hard as they can without providing a detailed, reliable review. If you feel that you need such a review, then you should read the review conducted by AV-Test.
A list of the best antivirus 2010 has just been released at their official site. The test isn’t just conducted to check how good the detection rate and removal capability each antivirus has, but also to find out the usability level like how far the antivirus affects the system performance.
During the 2nd quarter of 2010 we have tested 19 security products in the areas protection, repair and usability. The “Protection” covers static and dynamic malware detection, including real-world 0-Day attack testing. In case of “Repair”, we check the system disinfection and rootkit removal in detail. The “Usability” testing includes the system slow-down caused by the tools and the number of false positives. A product has to reach at least 12 points total in order to receive a certification. 13 products have fulfilled our requirements and received an AV-Test certificate
The antivirus programs that have received certification as well as the others that are failed to get certification are listed below from the highest to the lowest score in protection. Each product has different score for the three tested areas (protection, repair and usability), you can view the details at AV-Test website. The report for each antivirus can be read online or downloaded in PDF file format.
List of The Best Antivirus 2010
- AVG: Internet Security 9.0
- G Data: Internet Security 2010/2011
- Panda: Internet Security 2010
- Symantec: Norton Internet Security 2010
- F-Secure: Internet Security 2010
- Kaspersky: Internet Security 2010
- McAfee: Internet Security 2010 (not certified)
- PC Tools: Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus 7.0
- BitDefender: Internet Security Suite 2010
- Avira: Premium Security Suite 10.0
- Microsoft: Security Essentials 1.0
- Avast: Internet Security 5.0
- BullGuard: Internet Security 9.0 (not certified)
- Eset: Smart Security 4.0
- Webroot: Internet Security Essentials 6.1
- Trend Micro: Internet Security Pro 2010 (not certified)
- Norman: Security Suite 8.0 (not certified)